Michael Addamo is one of the best poker tournament players on the planet, especially when it comes to high roller events. The popular Australian crushed the high roller scene in 2021, and already has a GGPoker Super MILLION$ victory and the €50,000 EPT Barcelona High Roller title under his belt in 2022.
This weekend, Addamo took down the $2,100 Sunday Heater Special Edition online at GGPoker. A compact field of 65 players created a $130,000 prize pool, and the Aussie captured almost a third of the pot, with bounties included.
Some of online poker’s brightest stars bought into this tournament but fell short of the top eight finishing places where the main prize pool money was dished out. The likes of Eelis Parssinen, Benjamin Rolle, Nicholas Astedt other Simon Mattson captured some bounties but fell short of a top eight spot.
Amy Barer was the first entrant to reel in some main prize pool money in addition to their bounties. Barer’s eighth-place finish came with a prize tipping the scales at $6,600.
Seventh place and $5,187 went to David Miscikowski before Vlad Martynenko fell in sixth, and won $6,706. Christian Rudolph what the next top-tier grinder to bow out; he collected $7,446 for his efforts.
The final quartet of finalists was now guaranteed five-figure scores, and any one of them would have made a worthy champion. The final four became three with the untimely demise of Konstantin Maslak ($11,205) before “Ink4Days” busted in third for $22,355, an impressive sum that bested the runner-up’s finish due to the bounty element of this high-stakes event.
Heads-up saw Addamo take on Arthur Martirosian. Both players have locked horns many times, especially in the $10,300 Super MILLION$ where both players are tied on five outright wins. Addamo busted Martirosian in second place, resigning him to $20,398, while banking the $36,973 top prize for himself.
$2,100 Sunday Heater Special Edition Final Table Results
|1||Michael Addamo||Hong Kong||$24,437||$12,536||$36,973|
Win a Share of $1,000,000 with GGPoker’s Flip & Go Millionaire This November
Doug Lang Secures a Six-Figure Score
Doug “2CoSalamanca” Lang is on cloud nine today after helping himself to a six-figure score and the title of $1,050 GGMasters High Rollers champion. Lang was one of 955 GGPoker players who created a guarantee obliterating $955,000 prize pool.
Such a large prize pool meant five-figure scores were the order of the day at the final table. Argentina’s “Aries” collected the first of those prizes, namely $13,502. Brazilian Marcelo “MasesNeto” Aziz reeled in $18,055 for his eighth-place finish, while Pablo Brito Silva scooped $24,010 when his progress was halted in seventh.
The pay jumps continued growing wider with each elimination. Lachezar “Psychedelica” Petkov captured a $32,018 prize, Marcelo “Grellaar 710” Bernardino saw $42,697 land in his GGPoker account, while “Viennese Blood 2022” received $56,938.
Justin Bonomo usually emerges victoriously whenever he reaches the final three of a major poker tournament, but this was not one of those times. Bonomo crashed and burned in third, and received a $75,928 payout.
Lang and Austria’s Bernhard Haider battled one-on-one for the title, but not before striking a deal that guaranteed both players more than $100,000. With the deal in place, Lang won the final battle, and banked $120,330, leaving the runner-up to walk away with $115,943 in tow.
$1,050 GGMasters High Rollers Final Table Results
|1||Doug “2CoSalamanca” Lang||Canada||$120,330*|
|5||Marcelo “Grellaar 710” Bernardino||Brazil||$42,697|
|6||Lachezar “Psychedelica” Petkov||Poland||$32,018|
|8th||Marcelo “MasesNeto” Aziz||Brazil||$18,005|
Wonderful Weis Walks Away With GGPoker Super MILLION$ Title
Other GGPoker Results
Aleksandr”[email protected]” Kirichenko was the biggest winner of the weekend, courtesy of triumphing in the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Eventa result good for $137,074.
Linus Loeliger helped himself to a $100,000 prize after winning the $25,500 Sunday Super High Rollerwhile Elijah Harala took home $82,881, with bounties included, after coming out on top in the $5,250 Omaholic Bounty Super High Roller event.
- Aleksandr”[email protected]” Kirichenko – winner of the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $137,074*
- Linus Loeliger – winner of the $25,500 Sunday Super High Roller for $100,000
- Elias Harala – winner of the $5,250 Omaholic Bounty Super High Roller for $82,881*
- Sebastian Toro – winner of the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Main Event for $80,438*
- Olga Iermolcheva – winner of the $150 GGMasters for $63,197
- Marius Gierse – winner of the $5,250 Bounty Hunters Super High Roller for $54,134*
- OlympusPlatinum – winner of the $320 GGMasters Bounty Special Edition for $49,213*
- Stefan Atanasov – winner of the $250 Sunday Main Event for $38,786
- Cupon555 – winner of the $215 Sunday Big Game for $34,883*
- Dennis Ramos – winner of the $840 Sunday Superstack HR for $34,295*
- Linus Hjulstrom – winner of the $1,050 Sunday Omaholic Main Event for $31,552*
- WouldIlieToYOU – winner of the $150 Sunday Grand Prix for $24,736*
- Andrei “Testosterone” Zukovs – winner of the $320 Battle of Marathon for $22,893*
- Stefan “Bobbele” Reiser – winner of the $250 Sunday Saver for $20,712
*includes bounty payments