Earlier this month, PokerStars USAwhich recently signed Next generation poker as ambassador, handled the North American Championship of Online Poker (NACOOP).
The 2023 NACOOP was PokerStars’ first attempt to cover all gated North American liquidity with series in the merged Michigan and New Jersey market (USCOOP) and the merged markets of Pennsylvania (PACOOP) and Ontario (ONCOOP). All in all, there was that $7 million in guarantees in both counties. This represented the largest guarantee of an online tournament series in the regulated North American region.
Ambitious guarantees were supported by trophy events and leaderboards celebrating winners, a deposit play offer before the announced date, a depositor freeroll for the main event, a redesigned $10,000 leaderboard in every liquidity and ticket drops for marquee Sunday events entry offers with spin and Gos worth $3, satellites from $1, events from $10 and Championship Trophy events with a buy-in of $100.
Highlights from NACOOP
Here are some interesting highlights, facts and figures that PokerStars US has released ahead of NACOOP 2023.
- Championship trophies will be awarded for select events
- Competitive leaderboard that recognizes excellence and encourages support from our most dedicated players at every event
- Main events that top the GTDs, with a NAPT Golden Pass also added to the winners
- PA: $300. 877 entries / Won by “Schwinns1” for $40,807 + NAPT Golden Pass
- US_SL: $300. 1,194 entries / Won by “cal4567” for $52,576 + NAPT Golden Pass
- A: 300 CAD. 737 entries / Won by “wrsport1015” for $27,975 + NAPT Golden Pass
- High Roller Main Events for $2,500 in PA and US_SL, $1,000 CAD in ON. Each event generated six-figure prize pools and created excitement among the high-stakes community
- Large prize pools: 15 events worth over $100,000
- Overall MTT performance at levels not seen since the peak of the 2021 US boom
- Large selection of offers
- Buy-ins: $10-$2,500
- Free or low-cost entry options for casual players to get into the mix
- Ten Deuce Day. PokerStars honors a poker legend with Doyle Brunson-inspired events on the final day of COOP 10/2
- $10,200 Ten Deuce Freeroll. Over 2,500 players have registered in PA and US_SL
- “The Godfather Championship”. An 8-game championship event as the final trophy event for PA/USCOOP
David Kaye is expanding his audience (and budget) at NACOOP 2023
Additionally, several well-known poker players made headlines during NACOOP 2023.
- David Kaye, PokerStars Ambassador from Michigan, won two events, made two more final tables and reached Day 2 in the Main Event. Total earnings of over $55,000 while interacting with his audience on his platforms
- Maria Konnikova was added to the PokerStars Ambassador roster during COOP and played in the Main Event and Ten-Deuce Freeroll
- One player won PACOOP 83: $2,500 NLHE [High Roller Championship]$150,000 GTD, topping a field of 70 players and taking home one of the COOP’s largest 1st place prizes, nearly $45,000
- “wrsport1015,” the winner of the Ontario Main Event, scored a three-way deal at the final table for almost $28,000 CAD, but now also has the chance to play for more at NAPT Vegas.
- All NACOOP Main Event winners received Vegas Gold Passes.
What is included in the PokerStars Vegas Gold Pass?
These passes cover the purchase price, travel and accommodation during the event $5,300 NAPT Las Vegas High Roller.
Interestingly, the passes also include three-day access for two people Oracle Red Bull Racing Fan Experience before the Las Vegas Grand Prix.
The overall package is worth it $20,300 and contains:
- a spot in the $5,300 NAPT Las Vegas High Roller, running November 10-12;
- Three-day passes – November 16-18 – for two people to the Oracle Red Bull Racing Fan Experience in Las Vegas;
- Ten nights – November 9-19 – accommodation for two at Resorts World Las Vegas;
- taxes and resort fees; And
- an additional $3,653 for flights and expenses.
How to win a PokerStars Vegas Gold Pass
PokerStars players can now earn a Vegas Gold Pass Power path Financial support.
Power Path is an ongoing four-stage online satellite series. Players can buy into tiers 1 to 3, where winners receive tickets to the next tier.
However, you cannot buy in directly to Step 4, where prices change to Bronze, Silver and Gold Passes. To get a spot in Step 4, you must win your ticket in a Step 3 tournament.
From October 2nd to October 26ththe PokerStars Power Path is “charged”. Fifty guaranteed gold passes Ten of them can be redeemed for Vegas packages.
To help you get started on your own Power Path adventure, PokerStars is also giving away a free ticket to every player who plays real money cash games or tournaments on the PokerStars client $0.50 Step 1 Ticket.
PokerNews 2023 NACOOP Recaps
Below you will find convenient links to our daily NACOOP 2023 recaps. You can also visit our NACOOP 2023 Live Reports page to see live updates from select tournaments.
Editor-in-Chief USA, co-host of the PokerNews Podcast and 2013 WSOP bracelet winner.